Psionic Training Manual

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by VelvetSilverRose VelvetSilverRose 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author
    VelvetSilverRose
    VelvetSilverRose

Energy manipulation is defined as the ability to move, shape, and program energy. This is the basis of psionics and all other skills that involve energy. These include but are not limited to: healing, psychokinesis, shielding, and construct creation. In all of these, we are in some way manipulating energy.
    A few hints: First and foremost, keep a psi-journal. This allows you to cross compare various experiences and experiments. It allows you to understand how you are developing and which methods worked best for you. Keep the journal dated and timed. Also I highly suggest that you keep it to yourself. Part of psionics deals with the deep areas of your private mind, and while its best for your own sake to keep it recorded it can be awkward to expose yourself to another on that level.
    The Basics
    Definitions
    Ambient Energy: Ambient energy, or universal energy, is the energy that all humans and most Otherkin (or anything else living like animals, plants, trees) slough off during the course of living their lives. It is similar to the act of breathing where every-time a person exhales they exclude CO2. When someone has a shield, either a conscious one or unconscious one, it can hold the energy in and not allow it to dissipate into the universal energy.
    Affinity: One’s ability or cluster of abilities that they are best at, usually a “natural” talent towards certain abilities
    Charging: The process of making psionic energy collect on one area of the body or in an object
    Construct: Energy formed into a shape that is programmed to do something.
    Energy body: Non-physical body that represents the energy system can be viewed like the physical body, but made out of energy.
    Energy Manipulation: The ability to move, shape, and program energy.
    Program: To give energy a purpose; to make energy do something.
    Psionics: A selective group of “psychic” abilities and related studies that are focused by the mind and nervous system
    Psionic: An adjective that describes anything that related to psionics
    Psion: A person who uses psionic abilities
    Psiologist: A person who studies the science and theories dealing with psionics
    Psionist: A person who is both a psion and a psiologist
    Psi: An abbreviation often used to replace any of the above words and in particular is used in combination with of words as an adjective (i.e. psi-energy). Also used as life force energy, or Chi, Qi, Prana.
    Scanning: The ability to look at a construct or object and discern its purpose, color, and what shape it is. The ability to look at a person and determine if they have shields or constructs around them, and the state of their energy body.
    Shield: A construct made out of energy programmed to protect a construct, object, or person.
    Shell: To surround with a layer of energy and encase; to enclose a construct and have its programming and energy held in place.
    System: A method by which one makes psionic energy flow and therefore the abilities to function.
    Types of Sensory Systems
    Visualization:
    Example Imagine your body made of glass, and filled with light. Whatever color and brightness of light represents energy to you. Then imagine this light flowing from your body down your arm and pooling in your hand.
    Tactile:
    Example Imagine your body filled with a sensation. Whatever sensation represents energy to you (heat and tingliness are often used). Then imagine this sensation flowing from your body down your arm and settling in your hand.
    Audio:
    Example Imagine your body filled with a sound. Whatever sound represents energy to you(many people use their favorite songs). Then imagine this sound traveling from your body down your arm and collecting in your hand.
    Mixed Sensation:
    Example Imagine your body is made of glass, filled with a fluid. Whatever fluid represents energy to you. Give the fluid a color and temperature and taste and thickness. Then imagine this fluid pouring from your body down your arm and pooling in your hand.
    Conceptional:
    A much harder, though very good system, involving less tangible then senses. Usually a type of thought or other mental activity.
    Types of Conceptional
     Primal:
    Example Imagine the center for all your primal-emotion and instinctive reactions in your body. Now focus all that primal being into your hand. Depending on the type of ability and effect you want, the exact primal-emotions focused will change some. However to start with I suggest that all the primal-emotions are used until the charging process becomes easier.
     Emotional:
    Example Imagine the center for all your emotion in your body. Now focus all that emotion into your hand. Depending on the type of ability and effect you want the exact emotions focused will change some. However to start with I suggest that all emotions are used until the charging process becomes easier.
     Thought:
    Example Imagine the center for all your thoughts in your body. Now focus all those thoughts into your hand. Depending on the type of ability and effect you want the exact thoughts focused will change some. However to start with I suggest that all thoughts are used until the charging process becomes easier.
     Static:
    Example Focus on all the static and other “noise” in your mind. Collect all that static in to in place with in your body. Now focus all that static into your hand.
     Storytelling:
    A complex conceptional system that uses many different sensations and mental activity, translating all the various factors into an ongoing story in the Psion’s mind. Example Imagine you are a standing in the woods and bathed in sunlight. The air is sweet and wet with the smell of rain. Soft breezes brush by and rustle your hair. You raise your arm and a small glinting light collects around you a collects on your hand.
     Natural reaction:
    Perhaps the hardest of all of the Systems to explain and possibly to use. However most Psions do at some point reach the stage where they can do most of their abilities on this level.
    For an explanation, place your right hand on your head. Now that happens because you told your body to do so. Likewise simply think the thought that you want energy in your hand, and its there. This is usually a sign that the Psion has improved their ability to manipulate psionic energy and it simply happens after a period of using one of the other systems. Example: Just do it. There is no try just do.

The Moon is my mother, The night is my world. In the dark, I hunt for the souls of the world. By Air, Fire, Water, and Earth the spell is cast.

LadyCG
    Keymaster

I keep looking for the “Like” button, lol
    I have a feeling I’m going to learn a lot when i read in this forum.

I love the post.
    In response to “Natural reaction” I’d like to agree that natural reactions can be trained. As an example: when my 4 children were young my place was chaos when it came to the energy they were throwing off. I started training them when they were just about teens to control and focus their energy. We used various fun exercises. The result was a much more peaceful atmosphere, far less draining to everyone involved. They all became quite proficient at focusing energy. It was time well spent.

VelvetSilverRose
    VelvetSilverRose

Yes, natural reaction can be trained. All instinctive reactions can be trained by yourself or another person. It is the conscious control of instinctive reactions that allow us to learn, experiment, and master than just react.

The Moon is my mother, The night is my world. In the dark, I hunt for the souls of the world. By Air, Fire, Water, and Earth the spell is cast.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.