This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by A.Nightside A.Nightside 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Author
    A.Nightside
    A.Nightside
    Participant

I believe I saw a piece once by LadyCG about it, but am curious of anyone else’s experiences.

Does anyone feel that their Vampiric need has increased in severity or altogether changed (sang to psi, psi to sang, either to hybrid) as they’ve grown older?

NorthmanAlex
    NorthmanAlex
    Participant

If a decade or less is a good measurement -since Im not that old in physical years-then my answer is that by early twenties I had an insatiable blood lust and it was sudden ..for both male humans and females..especially when the skin is transulcent and the veins under it are apparent and they are blue….mmmmmmmmmm!!!
    A couple of years later it became sexual- psy insatiable lust ..
    I do identify as sang as much as psy although by late twenties my consumption became mostly psy-it helps to control the thirst until I have a real meal ..again with the donors and trust problem.

Lizi
    Lizi
    Participant

I’ve found that I am better able to control my urges and need to feed. When I was younger I would let my need to feed dictate a lot of my decisions and they made me miserable as well. Not so much anymore though, I rarely have any issues now.

LadyCG
    Keymaster

I’m in my 50s now and I find I need 6 to 8 oz / 7 to 10 days. Thats a little more than used when I was younger.
    I have found my own needs vary as I have gotten older. I’m better able to control my issues now, but then I now think ahead and try to play so I have blood on hand when I need it.

I went through several stages in my life when I had no cravings at all, but those were during my childbearing years. I think hormones can really affect how much a Vampire needs at any given time. I found while I was going through menopause I craved blood almost constantly. Its leveled out again now.

Aging can certainly affect your needs, but I find it also affects how you approach Vampirism and your need. You learn to be wiser and plan ahead.

LadyCG
    Keymaster

I wonder how many people would be interested in another Aging Vampire Conference. I have hosted two in the past. Perhaps its time for another one. Its come a couple of times recently

A.Nightside
    A.Nightside
    Participant

I mean, at 27 I’m really not “old” by any stretch, however between age, chronic condition and life in general. I feel like “energy” has never really been enough. Then again, good active deep feeds on willing donors is something I struggle to acquire and always have. Either I doubt my own ability, or I just fumble too much with the connection/draw and ultimately give up, leaving my body to naturally fend for itself. I know my body auto-draws frequently, and I know the best way to control that is to actively take care of it, I just can’t figure it out.

When I was younger, as a teen and very early 20 something, I felt like, though my method of feeding (mostly ambient and auto) wasn’t enough then, it still sufficed, it got me through. Now, though yes of course, control is better, I feel need is worse. I feel my symptoms worsen. .. and as you may have noticed, I’m strongly contemplating blood donation because aside from legalities, it’s simple. Physical and there is no doubt as to what and how I’d be consuming. I have had it in the past (though just barely) and recognize the energy in it. I just need something and I’m slowly growing more frustrated as well, it’s getting more difficult to function day to day. Medical professionals only help so much, considering despite treating my physical diagnosees, I’m still heavily symptomatic.

I suppose I haven’t quite acquired the wiser approach bit yet.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.