Empath Training Manual:
Construct: Energy formed into a shape that is programmed to do something.
Empathic Travel: Similar to empathic vision, but instead of scanning a crowd an Empaths uses the bonds or links to track from person to person.
Empathic Vision: True Empaths will be able to sit at a crowd of complete strangers and know if some people in the crowd are friends, and be able to know if people are in love with someone without asking or seeing a partner. This is emphatic vision. It is the seeing of bonds between people.
Generator: Someone who generates a large amount of energy naturally.
Healing: To heal someone’s pain they can simply take in all of the emotion of pain that the individual suffering can feel and replace it with the feeling of relief or numbness, so the body can go about healing itself.
Shield: A construct made out of energy programmed to protect a construct, object, or person.
Tracking: Using an empathic link you have with someone, you can follow its direction to track people. This also works in the astral plane.
Telepathy: A Telepath can read/sense another person’s thoughts, communicate and have some level of influence over them.
What is an Empath?
Being an Empath is when you are affected by other people’s energies, and have an innate ability to intuitively feel and perceive others. Your life is unconsciously influenced by others’ desires, wishes, thoughts, and moods. Being an Empath is much more than being highly sensitive and it’s not just limited to emotions. Empaths can perceive physical sensitivities and spiritual urges, as well as just knowing the motivations and intentions of other people. Either you are an Empath or you aren’t. It’s not a trait that is learned. You are always open, so to speak, to process other people’s feelings and energy, which means that you really feel, and in many cases take on the emotions of others. Many Empaths experience things like chronic fatigue, environmental sensitivities, or unexplained aches and pains daily. These are all things that are more likely to be contributed to outside influences and not so much yourself at all. Essentially you are walking around in this world with all of the accumulated karma, emotions, and energy from others.
Some are very good at “blocking out” others and that’s not always a bad thing, at least for the learning Empath struggling with a barrage of emotions from others, as well as their own feelings.
Empaths have a tendency to openly feel what is outside of them more so than what is inside of them. This can cause Empaths to ignore their own needs. In general an Empath is non-violent, non-aggressive and leans more towards being the peacemaker. Any area filled with disharmony creates an uncomfortable feeling in an Empath. If they find themselves in the middle of a confrontation, they will endeavor to settle the situation as quickly as possible, if not avoid it all together. If any harsh words are expressed in defending themselves, they will likely resent their lack of self-control, and have a preference to peacefully resolve the problem quickly.
The downside is that Empaths may bottle up emotions and build barriers sky-high so as to not let others know of their innermost thoughts and/or feelings. Without a doubt, this emotional withholding can be detrimental to one’s health, for the longer one’s thoughts and/or emotions aren’t released the more power they build. The thoughts and/or emotions can eventually becoming explosive, if not crippling. The need to express one’s self honestly is a form of healing and a choice open to all. To not do so can result in a breakdown of the person and result in mental/emotional instability or the creation of a physical ailment, illness or disease.
Empaths are sensitive to TV, videos, movies, news and broadcasts. Violence or emotional dramas depicting shocking scenes of physical or emotional pain inflicted on adults, children or animals can bring an Empath easily to tears. At times, they may feel physically ill or choke back the tears. Some Empaths will struggle to comprehend any such cruelty, and may have grave difficulty in expressing themselves in the face of another’s ignorance, closed-mindedness and obvious lack of compassion. They simply cannot justify the suffering they feel and see.
You may find Empaths working with people, animals or nature with a true passion and dedication to help them. They are often tireless teachers and/or caretakers for our environment and all within it.
They are just as expressive with body language as with words, thoughts, and feelings. Their creativity is often expressed through dance, acting, and bodily movements. Empaths can project an incredible amount of energy portraying and/or releasing emotion. Empaths can become lost in the music, to the point of being in a trance-like state; they become one with the music through the expression of their physical bodies. They describe this feeling as a time when all else around them is almost non-existent.
People of all walks of life and animals are attracted to the warmth and genuine compassion of Empaths. Regardless of whether others are aware of one being Empathic, people are drawn to them as a metal object is to a magnet.
Even complete strangers find it easy to talk to Empaths about the most personal things, and before they know it, they have poured out their hearts and souls without intending to do so consciously. It is as though on a sub-conscious level that person knows instinctively that Empaths would listen with compassionate understanding.
Here are the listeners of life. They can be outgoing, bubbly, enthusiastic and a joy to be in the presence of, as well as highly humorous at the most unusual moments! On the flip side, Empaths can be weighted with mood swings that will have others around them want to jump overboard and abandon ship! The thoughts and feelings Empaths receive from any and all in their life can be so overwhelming (if not understood) that their moods can fluctuate with lightning speed. One moment they may be delightfully happy then with a flick of the switch, miserable.
Many Empaths don’t understand what is occurring within them. They literally have no idea that another person’s emotions are now felt, as one’s own and reflected outwardly. They are confused as to how one moment all was well, and then the next, they feel so depressed, alone, etc. The need to understand the possibilities of Empath connection is a vital part of the Empaths journey for themselves and for those around them.
Here are some of the most common traits:
• Feeling others emotions and taking them on as your own: This is a huge one for Empaths.
• Being in public places can be overwhelming: Places like shopping malls, supermarkets or stadiums where there are lots of people around can fill the Empath with turbulently vexed emotions that are coming from others.
• You know when someone is not being honest: If a friend or a loved one is telling you lies you know it (although many Empaths try not to focus on this because knowing a loved one is lying can be painful). Or if someone is saying one thing but feeling/thinking another, you know.
• Picking up physical symptoms off another: An Empath will almost always develop the ailments off another (colds, eye infections, body aches and pains) especially those they’re closest to, somewhat like sympathy pains.
• Empaths just know stuff, without being told. It’s a knowing that goes way beyond intuition or gut feelings, even though that is how many would describe the knowing. The more attuned they are the stronger this gift becomes.
• Anyone who’s suffering, in emotional pain or being bullied draws an Empath’s attention and compassion.
• Others will want to offload their problems on you, even strangers: An Empath can become a dumping ground for everyone else’s issues and problems, which, if they’re not careful can end up as their own.
• Love of nature and animals: Being outdoors in nature is a must for Empaths and pets are an essential part of their life.
• Need for solitude: An Empath will go stir-crazy if they don’t get quiet time. This is even obvious in Empathic children.
• Strives for the truth: This becomes more prevalent when an Empath discovers his/her gifts and birthright. Anything untruthful feels plain wrong.
• Excellent listener: An Empath won’t talk about themselves much unless it’s to someone they really trust. They love to learn and know about others and genuinely care.
• Intolerance to narcissism: Although kind and often very tolerant of others, Empaths do not like to be around overly egotistical people, who put themselves first and refuse to consider another’s feelings or points of view other than their own.
• Usually will not choose to buy antiques, vintage or second-hand, anything that’s been pre-owned carries the energy of the previous owner. An Empath will even prefer to have a brand new car or house (if they are in the financial situation to do so) with no residual energy.
• Watching violence, cruelty or tragedy on the TV is unbearable: The more attuned an Empath becomes the worse it is and may make it so they eventually have to stop watching TV and reading newspapers altogether.
• Addictive personality: Alcohol, drugs, sex, are to name but a few addictions that Empaths turn to, to block out the emotions of others. It is a form of self-protection in order to hide from someone or something.
• Creative: From singing, dancing, acting, drawing or writing an Empath will have a strong creative streak and a vivid imagination.
• Always looking for the answers and knowledge: To have unanswered questions can be frustrating for an Empath and they will endeavor to find an explanation. If they have a knowing about something they will look for confirmation. The downside to this is an information overload.
• Likes adventure, freedom and travel: Empaths are free spirits.
• Some Empaths abhor clutter: It makes them feel weighed down and blocks the flow of energy.
• Finds routine, rules or control, imprisoning: Anything that takes away their freedom is debilitating to an Empath even poisoning.
• Prone to carry weight without necessarily overeating: The excess weight is a form of protection to stop the negative incoming energies having as much impact.
• Sense the energy of food: Many Empaths don’t like to eat meat or poultry because they can feel the vibrations of the animal (especially if the animal suffered), even if they like the taste.
• Can appear moody, shy, aloof, disconnected: Depending on how an Empath is feeling will depend on what face they show to the world. They can be prone to mood swings and if they’ve taken on too much negative will appear quiet and unsociable, even miserable.
• Digestive disorders and lower back problems: The solar plexus chakra is based in the center of the abdomen and it’s known as the seat of emotions. This is where Empaths feel the incoming emotion of another, which can weaken the area and eventually lead to anything from stomach ulcers to IBS (too many other conditions to list here). Lower back problems can develop from being ungrounded (amongst other things) and one, who has no knowledge of them being an Empath will almost always be ungrounded.
• Constant fatigue: Empaths often get drained of energy from taking on too much from others, which even sleep will not cure. Many get diagnosed with ME/CFS.
• Drawn to healing, holistic therapies and all things metaphysical: Although many Empaths would love to heal others they can end up turning away from being healers (even though they have a natural ability for it), after they’ve studied and qualified, because they take on too much from the one they are trying to heal. Especially if they are unaware of their Empathy. Anything of a supernatural nature is of interest to Empaths and they don’t surprise or get shocked easily. Even at the revelation of what many others would consider unthinkable, for example, Empaths would have known the world was round when others believed it was flat.
If you can say yes to most or all of the above then you are most definitely an Empath.
***For some Empaths, the lack of outside understanding towards paranormal events they experience, may lead to suppressing such abilities. (Most of these abilities are very natural and not a coincidence.) Empaths may unknowingly adopt the positive or negative attitude of others as their own. (This, however, can be overcome.) Empaths may need to follow interests in the paranormal and the unexplained with curiosity so as to explain and accept their life circumstances.***
***Empaths are often problem solvers, thinkers, and studiers of many things. As far as Empaths are concerned, where a problem is, so too is the answer. They often will search until they find one – if only for peace of mind. This can certainly prove beneficial for others in their relationships, in the workplace, or on the home front. Where there is a will, there is a way and the Empath will find it. The Empath can literally (likely without the knowledge of what’s actually occurring) tap into Universal Knowledge and be receptive to guidance in solving anything they put their head and hearts toward.***
To be able to use your abilities, you must be capable of meditating easily and freely. If you have not read any books or been instructed on meditation, I will give you a short lesson here. To begin meditation, one must sit relaxed. Sit with your posture straight and your shoulders square some prefer to sit yoga fashion, but it is not necessary. You can also lay down flat, just be careful, there is a tendency to fall asleep. Slowly relax from the top of your head to the bottom of your toes. Every muscle in your body must be relaxed. Relax your mind. Completely empty it. Think about nothing yet be aware of everything. For beginners, it is good to start with a candle flame to help focus your mind and energy. When this is correctly accomplished no outside disturbances will affect you, yet you will sense the slightest activity. Now, feel every nerve in your body. Be aware of each and every one. Feel your energy traveling through you, out you, around you, and back into you. Feel the energy pulsate in you.
Start for at least 5 minutes and each day add more time. Do the meditation for a week then we will go to the next lesson. You should keep up with your meditation while practicing the next steps. The easier it is for you to slip into a meditative state, the easier you will find to use your abilities.
For an Empath it is necessary to figure out which emotions are yours and what is coming in from other people. You want to start with a very thick shield that will block out all outside emotions and energies while you meditate on yourself to determine what your own energy and emotions feel like.
The best shield that an Empath should make when just beginning so that you can separate what you feel from what is coming in from the outside is a brick wall. You build a brick wall brick by brick in front of your mind until you can no longer feel any outside emotions or energies. When building this brick wall, don’t forget to put in the mortar or you will have holes that the energies can slip through.
Practice this as long as you need to. Everyone works at a different time frame in order to understand themselves.
Once you determine what is YOU, you can then thin the shield until you start feeling outside emotions and energy again. This is the harder part. You need to learn to recognize which emotion that you receive is which, if you have someone to work with it makes it easier. If you are working with someone have them feel an emotion and have them direct the emotion at you.
Creating Shields and Filters
Anyone who deals with psychic abilities or even use energy in any form should have shields, or at least know how to make them. An easy way of making a shield is while you are meditating, weave a curtain or veil out of energy and cover your mind with it. This only makes a light veil/shield, the tighter that you weave the energy, the stronger the shield. A shield can be made as tight of a weave as a brick wall. A shield can also be made reflective. It just depends on how you program your shield. Making a shield is like writing a computer program or crafting a spell. Pay attention to details. For those who wonder what a shield feels like when it is in place I heard a nice description for it once. “The feeling connected to shielding is like the feeling you have when you put the covers over your head in bed or when you put a big hood over your head in the snow. It’s a comfortable enclosed feeling, like the world is out there and you’re in here (the shield).”
The next step for someone who wants a specialty shield is to create a filter. It doesn’t take any more energy to maintain a filter than it does to simply walk. A filter is created like a veil, but instead of making it so nothing can pass through; you make it so that energy can pass through, but with restrictions. You can put up as many as you want. I believe that it is better to have more than one filter that filters in different ways, than it is to try to cram all things you can think of into one. You can always add filters. As for the bad stuff that you want to filter out. I set it up the same as the body passing waste material. Nothing stays either in my filters or in my shields. Go through line-by-line and state what you want it to do. State if this happens, and then this is the response. You do need to figure out to take into account the unexpected. With filters you also need to state where you wish the ‘bad’ stuff to go. If you keep it in the filter, then getting rid of the filter will get rid of the ‘bad.’ Just make sure that you clearly state your intention or the results will chose its own way. Pay attention to details, they are very important.
This shield is one of the most basic that can be made. Simply put, it is a thin layer of energy surrounding you designed to stop attacks from hitting you.
1. Visualize a thin, dense layer of energy around you.
2. Put energy into this layer.
3. Program the shield to remain even after you stop concentrating on it. This is persistence programming.
I have much more information about shields, but if you only want or need an Anti-Empathic shield this type or the veil type is all you need. If an Empath is also a Generator, they will need to create a valve or an outlet to allow their energy to drain out.
Scanning is the ability to gather information from a person, construct, or entity. The information depends on what is being scanned. When a person is being scanned, their energy body is looked at for any damage as well as their shielding and any constructs around them. Usually the person will request for a shield or their energy body to be scanned. If it is not stated what needs to be scanned, proceed assuming anything is there. You concentrate on the person or construct that you wish to scan. Experienced energy workers can tell when they are being scanned and can often trace the scan back to the person who scanned them and may retaliate, but they are the ones who generally have some type of shield up so if you find a shield, stop scanning. Once you have consistently solid results with scanning basic things, you can start scanning more complex things. Scanning will soon become second nature
Scanning is a skill that helps an Empath control their empathic ability. By scanning, an Empath can tell which person has the emotion they are feeling. It becomes a mutually beneficial friendship with energy workers and healers.
An energy signature is something unique to every individual. It signifies who you are on an energetic level. A scanner would be able to tell whether a series of constructs are made by the same person or energy signature by simply scanning them and comparing them to that energy signature. It is not possible to change your energy signature, but it is capable to mask it through various means. One of these ways is shielding. You can get much information from a person’s energy signature. For example….gender, race, human or Otherkin and the type, their magick path, and maybe other information.
Aura reading is the psychic ability to perceive auras, normally invisible fields of energy that surround every living thing, this can be used to sense emotions, health, thoughts, or the targets moral alignment. You may also be able to sense auras surrounding inanimate objects. Aura reading is common with the manifestation of Mediumship or any form of clairvoyance. It might or might not the same as scanning for energy signatures. I am not sure about that part since I sense energy as taste, not as sight.
Aura reading, as with most things psychic, is a lesson in patience. You may see auras right away, or within a few days of practice. You may not. You may see them initially, and then have a period of time where you don’t seem to see anything. Although some people see colors almost immediately, others may practice for several months before colors start to appear. Keeping your chakras clean, especially your third eye, should aid in seeing them. Aura reading can also be rather quintessential to life, because if you can read auras you can know how someone is mentally, physically and spiritually. “Aura” is the ever-changing flow of life energy around one’s body; it can be harnessed for supernatural abilities. It is also known as “psi” “chi” and “ki”.
Everything in the Universe seems to be just a vibration. Every atom, every part of an atom, every electron, every elementary “particle”, even our thoughts and consciousness are just vibrations. Hence, we may define the Aura as an electro-photonic vibration response of an object to some external excitation (such as an ambient light for example). This definition is sufficient for the purpose of reading Auras, providing that we can train ourselves to see the Aura vibration. The most important property of the Aura seems to be the fact that it contains INFORMATION about the object.
Sending Emotions to Others
All emotions have strength of their own, but an emotion doesn’t have to be strong to have strength. When you’re sending an emotion, don’t try to imagine it, feel it. Let it touch you before sending it on its way. When sending the emotion direct your mind toward the person you wish to send it to or it will broadcast to everyone in your area. It is the same as with reading emotion, the more practice, the more control you will have to direct it toward a specific target. Depending on the strength of the Empath, an unawakened Empath can broadcast their emotions to any other person in the area. Shields will control the leakage.
Along with the sending of emotions an Empath can also send sensations, like touch. Sensations are also emotions. I believe the same theory would apply to sound, sight, and sound also.
Changing an Emotion to a Different Emotion
If someone is feeling an emotion, but say that it is a negative emotion, you can change it to another emotion. An Empath would start out by tuning into the individual’s current emotions, get a good feel and grip on their emotion; become one with it, feel it flowing through you, and then you would begin to mentally and emotionally change their emotion into the emotion that you would like them to feel instead – feel this new emotion pulsing through you, through them, affecting their every fiber and muscle.
This really isn’t a lesson, but a reminder that the more practice you do the more control and distance you will gain. An Empath can do many things a Telepath can do; they are just done with emotions rather than words or thoughts. Animals communicate through empathy so don’t be surprised when you start being able to communicate with your pets.
The Moon is my mother, The night is my world. In the dark, I hunt for the souls of the world. By Air, Fire, Water, and Earth the spell is cast.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.